[PetiteCloud] what effect (if any) does NAT'ing bridge0 have?

Michael Thoreson m.thoreson at c4labs.ca
Thu Feb 13 07:18:14 PST 2014

I am willing to help out where ever needed.

NAT may be still useful in certain small business setups that don't have
the budget for independent routers to segregate services in the LAN. For
example some small firms may want to keep file and print sharing
services separate running in different vm's that only their respective
departments can see.

I know VLans can do this but what if there are shared services all
departments need access to and sometimes (despite advice not to) users
like to be able to share folders amongst themselves.

NAT'ing should be available as an option. All hyperv's that I know of
support it right out of the box as an option so i don't see any reason
to deny use of it.

You also have to think of business where there may be tech savvy users
who have the idea that they can fix something, So if the admin as a way
of hiding the server on the network it may make his life a lot easier.

NAt'ing can also be useful in large firms where they may have a limit on
IPv4 addresses.

Michael Thoreson,