[PetiteCloud] what effect (if any) does NAT'ing bridge0 have?

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 01:34:15 PST 2014

0.2.6 will add at least DHCP but at least based on my early experiments
NAT'ing is not needed (assuming you have a typical household router)....
several questions:

1. Is NAT'ing needed for anything except for the single outside IP (if this
is the case I see no reaon in today's world why requiring an external
router would be an issue.... alternatively we can make it an advanced
option)

2. Does this look like a good default network:

host IP ---> NAT (if needed) --> DHCP --> instances

the instances are on the bridge which has a host address of 192.168.0.1 by
default and has a DHCP range of 192.168.0.2 to .200.

Also note I am just using the stock dhcp config (will have PC write one out
during install perhaps to make it cloudified)... Mike want to help on
making the minimal dhcp.conf needed for this?