[PetiteCloud] a small development project for someone

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 17:48:32 PST 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 8:24 PM, Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 7:00 PM, Michael Thoreson <m.thoreson at c4labs.ca>wrote:
>
>> As for making packages we just need to get the makefile(s) right and then
>> I can use centos\fedora\debian\ubuntu vm's to make rpm's and debs. *BSD
>> systems that use ports will take care of themselves once the project is
>> included as the ports system builds ports periodically so them be added
>> with pkg.
>>

> We use devel/cook and devel/aegis (I will put a snapshot of our
> development instance up on down2earthcloud.com [where we put all
> downloadable instances for now... the host petitecloud.org only has 20GB
> of disk] in the next day or so).  Since cook uses a very different method
> of building then make you should study it but once learn it you will never
> http://miller.emu.id.au/pmiller/software/cook/cook-2.34.tut.pdf and
> http://aegis.sourceforge.net/auug97.pdf for a conceptual overview.
> Linux is currently built in the cook-blank/scrap-linux and deployed in
> cook-blank/deploy-linux (both are optional recipes in
> src/build/cook/Howto.cook).   If you have any questions on how to use
> either ask.   As you get more comfortable with stuff we should like set up
> pa aget repo on the public internet.

You can also use the two source files on the site as your initial baseline
(if you do you want to also unpack the test suite into the change set)...
if you want the source code to this test let me know (we really should make
a seperate site for it).... also for reference the project names for PC and
TT are o-petitecloud and i-testing respectivally (you can use any names you
want)