[PetiteCloud] Requirements for proposed new logging framework?

John Kane jkane89a at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 01:51:27 PST 2014

dn>  What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

JUL can be difficult to configure, and does not have many advanced features:
"java.util.logging ... which nobody uses, because frankly, it sucks."
"Java.util.logging ... has less features than log4J. Intended to be used for simple logging only."
"java.util.logging ... I certainly wouldn't use it on a new project"

So, I think it is not more advanced than tinylog.