[PetiteCloud] What the scalable cluster layer really is and what it is not
aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 19:29:46 PDT 2014
First thing we need a better name then SCL the leading candidate so far (by
my decree [Dee disagrees]) is thinStorm. Any other ideas?
I forgot to add one item for PC 0.3 I did not in the previous which
improving the packaging and installation of it
Also the SCL will be done under the PetiteCloud umbrella of being a
neo-Jeffersonian business cluster for IaaS/PaaS non-data center cloud
computing (and later the infrastructural parts of DUDES [none
infrastructural ones are private efforts such as the Void RPG [run by
John... http://voidrpg.quora.com/] which is based on the MudNG MMORPG
framework whose lead is Carrie as a apprenticeship under Aryeh and Eric as
well as silently by the Wong in FNWE [no URL yet]).
Ok onto the SCL.
The primary functions of the SCL are:
1. Allow for cloud wide management of the cloud foundation layer (eg.
2. Provide common abstracted resource stores at the cloud layer
3. Provide traditional middleware hooks
4. Provide hooks for "tenants" (I hate this term but can not think of a
better name... me and Dee often use "division" [depts are indivual users])
to be spread out between different data centers and CFL's
5. Cloud wide resource management
6. API/Hooks for SaaS and BPaaS applications to fully integrate with the SCL
Aryeh M. Friedman, Lead Developer, http://www.PetiteCloud.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the petitecloud-general