[PetiteCloud] Petitecloud Install Freebsd

Michael Thoreson m.thoreson at c4labs.ca
Sat Feb 22 19:43:48 PST 2014

How about a port.tar.gz for each currently supported version.

For example

current release = 0.2.5.ports.tar.gz
development release = 0.2.6.ports.tar.gz

And each have proper dist and make files to download the proper
distfiles. Need to clean up and simplify stuff as we go before we have a
spiders nest of workarounds.

I also suggest having some precompiled pkgs as a choice for some. If
setup a aegis mirror like you suggested then I could have a cron job run
to make and upload FreeBSD packages and Linux deb and rpm packages. As
for Linux I only need to know what distros you want to initially
support? i was thinking Debian6/7, Current Ubuntu LTS, RedHat 6.x and
derivatives which would include CentOS 6.x, Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.x,
Scientific Linux 6.x.

I could also schedule a cron that would do hourly or nightly snapshots
of the development release for those wanting to test changes as they
happen. Would be a quick way to get feedback on changes.

Michael Thoreson,