[PetiteCloud] some more general design philosophy

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 03:00:23 PST 2014

1. If there is nothing to break then you can not break it

2. Every request from the super should do it's thing and get the hell out
the way and die

3. Every design flaw will eventually manifest as a critical bug or security
hole

4. That everything *INCLUDING* petitecloud has one ore more of the
following at any given time:

   * Not working
   * Lies about it's state
   * Has been compromised by an attacker
   * Has been incorrectly installed and/or configured
   * The hardware/software resources needed to do even the most basic tasks
is not available
   * Critical components are not reachable via normal means
   * Any component of the system can silently fail but still look like it
is working
   * The host is physically inaccessible

In other words we assume Murphy is our best friend.