[PetiteCloud] a few more tech. general assumptions we made

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 19:39:32 PST 2014

1. That the internet connection would be crap (we have Murky [aka Clear]
and it is good when it is working but at times [sometimes hours at a time]
just simply can not find a signal even though we live half a block from the
tower)

2. Since we are developing petitecloud on itself that any <bleep> up would
likely not only eat the current development but all our business records
and such (we had a number of such bugs early on for example I think in
0.1.4 it liked to use the same disk name for all machines regardless of
user chosen name... this killed pc-dev about 7 or 8 times I think and
promotheus 3 or 4 times.... it also earned the anger of a client because
their test/client review instance was down.... note we have had no such
issue since at least early November)

3. That secure computing is a long term goal (we do some health care
consulting and our main client there is required to follow HIPAA) and even
before full multi-tenant (or muilti-user) secuirty is in place we need to
be as secure as possible because of HIPAA [we have no HIPAA data ourselves
but we assume that all our test data is that])

4. That PetiteCloud will eventually support modularity at all levels to the
point of allowing vendors to sell complete solutions for a given modular
function or combine them or whatever they wish